Ex-Pavilion Rosa Mota
The Rosa Mota Pavilion is a building that today has nothing to do with the previous one. The initial building inaugurated by King D. Pedro V in 1861 was inspired by the Crystal Palace London and was named Crystal Palace due to the glass used on its surface.
In 1951, it was demolished, giving rise to the Sports Pavilion for the World and European Championships of Roller Hockey of 1952. In 1991 it was again renamed and received the name Rosa Mota Pavilion, in honor of the Portuguese marathon runner of the same name.
At the moment it is the stage of several events, from concerts, circuses, congresses, exhibitions and also sports events. In addition, the Palace is surrounded by beautiful and ornate gardens where it is possible to contact with nature and enjoy the panoramic views of the Douro River.
In this set is also the Municipal Library Almeida Garrett, the garden of feelings, a café and a terrace overlooking the lake.
Rua de Dom Manuel II
225 430 360